Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stress

It's very odd to see the reaction to stress in myself and those around me. People's reactions to stress seem either to bring out their personality traits to exaggerated levels, or completely change their personality altogether. I haven't decided which category I fall into, but I believe that it is probably the former as opposed to the latter. I get sillier, more outrageous, and procrastinate even more when I am under stress, especially stress of a deadline. This, of course, exacerbates the reason for the stress in the first place and the vicious cycle then continues until I manage to stay up all night and finish whatever project / paper is due and causing all this frustration in the first place. That means that, as the quarter comes to a close over the next three weeks, I will become completely unbearable until the day after the quarter ends. At which point my personality will revert back to it's normal state, I will become more calm and normal, and all my friends (who care deeply about me) will ask me, "what's wrong? You are so quiet." I should tell them, "Don't worry, the cycle will start over again shortly and I'll start acting like an over-caffienated squirrel soon!"
Ah well, life is short, life is fun! Let's enjoy all our foibles. They make us unique. Of course, there is the fact that if I were any more unique they might want to send me someplace with nice, soft walls!

No comments: