Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wow! It has been a tough Lent!

I somehow managed to get myself put in charge of the Lenten Sunday Adult Forum Series on the Renewal of Baptismal vows, as well as the Wednesday evening Lenten Book series. Well, okay, I do know how it happened, I can't keep my mouth shut! All I did was suggest the series and *BAM* I was in charge of it! When will I learn, Oh Lord! I have been as busy researching as I was during seminary. While it has been very fruitful (and even enjoyable), I am exhausted! I can't believe that it is almost over already. I feel like this Lenten season has just flown by, which is a weird feeling because Lent usually seems to drag by. Ironic difference in taking on something(s) versus giving up something (though, my wife would say that I had given up any kind of family life). I miss the monastic feel of my typical Lent. Maybe, as I get better at my ministry, I will learn how to incorporate both in my life during Lent. (or maybe learn to say 'no')

No comments: