Sunday, February 11, 2007

Candidacy Interview

In the ongoing process of diserning a call to the priesthood, or more accurately, convincing the Diocese that I have a call to the priesthood, I have my interview for candidacy scheduled. On Tuesday March 6th at 1:30 p.m. I will be grilled, poked and prodded as to my fitness to be named a "Candidate for Holy Orders."
I have heard so much advice on how to handle this interview and have become so overwhelmed that I am no longer capable of worrying about the event. Some say concentrate on having questions ready to ask them. Some say "be ready to cover all the theology you have learned in seminary." Others say to be prepared to talk about what personal growth you have done since being at seminary, while still others say, "don't worry about it, you'll be fine."
I guess I'll just pray a lot and trust the Holy Spirit to guide me. Please all pray for me that day.
Peace to all.

2 comments:

Heidi Haverkamp said...

You'll be fine, Court. They're trying to do a "kinder, gentler" candidacy interview. Mine felt like a tea party, and I know M.E., Terry, and Corinne felt the same. Nice to see your blog! (I found it through Ryan's site.)

Raisin said...

I second what Heidi says: You'll be fine. But such timing -- the last week of classes, and on a weekday? Yikes.