Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graduation

Well, graduation has come and gone and I am now officially a holder of a Masters Degree. That all sounds quite pretentious, but feels very anti-climactic. The end of the semester, finishing school work, fulfilling diocesan requirements, and finding a job, all combined to make time just fly by. Graduation really came much sooner than I was ready to deal with. I feel like I am still trying to process all the emotions that I had before, during, and after the event. I am still grieving the seemingly sudden loss of close friends. I am trying to fully comprehend what it is that I went through over the last three years. I am doing all that while trying to learn a new job, with new people and new problems. I'm sure that someday very soon I will have processed all this and really feel like I have graduated, but right now it all feel very surreal, like a dream.

3 comments:

Heidi Haverkamp said...

It's a process... leaving and grieving, moving to the new. I still miss the community of seminary life, although the fellowship of parish work is also wonderful in its own way. Blessings as you move through all these losses and gains. See you at ordination!

The Archer of the Forest said...

Its certainly a carthartic process. One good thing about the church is that even if one's being is a community comes to an end, a new community opens up.

I think when you hit the ground running in your new ministry, you will find find all sorts of wonderful relationships.

Cheers...

Merely Human said...

I miss you too, Brother Bear. See you Sunday!