Monday, June 9, 2008

Hallelujah!

As of Saturday June 7th, I am now an ordained Deacon in the Episcopal Church! Yeah! It was a wonderful service, albeit, very hot. The day was hot and muggy and the A/C in the Cathedral was more than a little overwhelmed. Though this lead to soggy clothing and vestments, spirits were not dampened. My face is still sore from smiling! While I tried to slow the day down as much as possible and enjoy every moment, it went by much too fast. I was composed during most of the service, but right after the consecration, I looked over at my fellow ordinands, most of them close friends, and almost wept from the emotions sweeping over me. We have all been on this journey for so long, praying together, studying together, and sometimes crying together, and to reach this moment together was wonderful! Now, back to work.

3 comments:

Daniel Martins said...

Hey Court--congratulations! I well remember the excitement of graduation, ordination, and first job. What a heady time! Blessings on your new ministry. One of these days we'll have to make our paths cross, as Brenda and I get to the Chicago area fairly frequently. My mother and two siblings live in the suburbs, and our son (duh--you must remember Jordan, right?) and his wife live in Logan Square in a condo that we own!

Dan (& Brenda) Martins

Raisin said...

Yay Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainy Rector said...

Dan, I would love to see you guys. Let me know when you are going to be in the Chicago area and we can meet up. I do remember Jordan, as well as Summer and Sara. I hope all are doing well. Peace, Court.