Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Senioritis and Middler Meloncholy

I've been watching seniors drag boxes to their dorms / apartments to begin the packing process in anticipation of graduation. I hear them talking excitedly about next plans and graduation. Though I am very happy for them, it all leaves me somewhat sad. I will miss them all very much. I have been through enough graduations to know that "we will stay in touch" really is an empty phrase. It makes me sad to think that I only have one more year with my class. Being a small class of only 7 people means that I have grown close to all of them and I can't imagine life without them. Or at least, I am not allowing myself to think about life without them. It's a funny way to feel in spring. I always think of sadness as a winter (or late fall) feeling, not a spring feeling. Spring is flowers and sunshine and temperate weather, not clouds of impending separation.
I wish them all well in their individual futures, but I am really going to miss them very much.

1 comment:

Merely Human said...

Me too, Brother Bear. Me too.